Thursday, December 27, 2012

Review: bareMinerals SPF 30 Natural Sunscreen

This was a product that I was introduced to when I first got hired at bareMinerals.  I was quite confused when I first picked it up, but it soon became one of my top recommendations once summer hit, as many clients were looking for sunscreen in the boutique.  The Natural Sunscreen ($28 USD) is a powder sunscreen that contains an SPF of 30 as well as a sheer tint.

See the snow?!  Massachusetts got five inches in one night!  
This review makes me want summer again!

I despise cream sunscreens.  I hate the smell, the stickiness, the white cast that stays on my face, all of it.  Even when I was little, I tried to keep it off of me as much as possible (and with a mom as white as you are, that ain't happening...)  I ended up purchasing this before my trip to the Outer Banks, North Carolina in August since I knew that I couldn't avoid using sunscreen for the whole trip.  This is actually quite a nice product.  It comes in three shades, Light, Medium and Tan.  I picked up the Light shade, but I honestly don't think it makes a difference. I saw absolutely no color when I brushed it on my makeup-less face before I went to run errands through town with my grandma, but this proved positive since I could brush the colorless powder on my shoulders to save them from frying in the North Carolina sun.  I found I was less burnt and more tan after wearing this, so it definitely helped to prevent sunburn, which I was honestly skeptical about.  It also twists down and comes with a cap so you can cover the bristles up and pop it in your purse!

My only gripe is that it is obviously made from powder so it is not beach friendly unless you want to avoid the water.  The water will wash the sunscreen off, leaving you open to burning, which I learned the hard way my first day on the beach (man, I was TAN).  I would also recommend a higher SPF if you wanted to completely avoid burning, as SPF 30 is pretty minimal, yet protects just enough for running errands.

The Verdict?  If you're a regular sunscreen user and want to ditch the goopy stuff, this is perfect for you!  I wouldn't hope for too much of a tint though, as there was very little.

No comments:

Post a Comment